Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The book fair in Antwerp and the books I got there

Yesterday I went to the annual book fair in Antwerp (http://boekenbeurs.be/) and it was the last day so unfortunately it was a little crowded but I still had fun meeting some authors and shopping some books.

Here are my photos of the book fair :

I used to really like these stories of Peter Rabbit but also Nijntje which is on the right side
Jip en Janneke ^_^


Simon's Cat ^_^
I had to read "De Engelenmaker" by Stefan Brijs for high school once, it's a pretty good book
Tiany Kiriloff, a well known person in Belgium who is a stylist, did different TV programs, blogs on http://belmodo.tv/ and who published a book last week about fashion and everything related to it but she also shows photos of her family and friends in it
Tiany Kiriloff and the person beside her is Christophe Borsu

The book of Tiany Kiriloff
I have to say that I like this photo that I took of her
Jan Leyers is a Belgian musician and a television maker. He was also in the jury of the Belgian Idol a few times.
Jan Leyers, Rik Torfs & Dirk Tieleman
Chris Dusauchoit who is a well known Belgian radio and television host. On television he is most known for his animal program "Dieren in nesten" ("Animals in trouble"). He released a book called "Wild of Afrika".
Piet Huysentruyt who is a well known Belgian chief cook
Peter Goossens who was in the jury 3 times in the TV program "Mijn Restaurant" & who owns his own restaurant which is very well known
Piet Huysentruyt once again
Paul Jambers who is a well known Belgian journalist and he used to have a popular program on TV
You could put a book in here that you really thought was a no no
And what did I see, someone had put "Harry Potter" in it, I think it is "The Goblet of Fire", tsss, for shame :P


The books I got at the book fair is the one from Tiany Kiriloff and  a "Gossip Girl" book but then in a special way, it is drawn like a manga book. Even though I don't read manga books, I just had to get it because it was "Gossip Girl", hehe.

"Have lots of fun with my small fashion bible ... I hope that I can inspire you and I wish you good luck in advance in the wonderful world of journalism! Lots of love Tiany xxx"
The intro of the book, you can follow her on Twitter through https://twitter.com/#!/BelmodoTiany
The index
Chapter one with a nice drawing
Nice quote, haha
Classics that you should have in your wardrobe
I have started to read her book already and so far I really find it interesting and fun to read, I might make a review about it later, not sure yet
The "Gossip Girl" book!

Did any of you go to this book fair this year or another book fair perhaps or don't you go to these kinds of fairs?

Xoxo

12 reacties:

Cynthiiaa said...

Oh my, wat vet! Haha, drop hier je boek, moest er wel omlachen. :') Zou zelf er nooit een boek ingooien, zonde! Hey, van die modeontwerpster heb ik volgens mij ook een boek, de kaft komt mij zo bekend voor, precies hetzelfde, alleen gaat het over het ontwerpen van mode of zoiets.. ja ehm.. ik heb hem nog niet gelezen, shame on me. Die strip ziet er zo vet uit!

MissPrettiness said...

Heel erg leuk om te zien! Haha , tof dat je een slecht boek daar kon in leggen maar ik zou het zelf eigenlijk nooit doen. En die stip ziet er me heel tof uit!

Ik volg trouwens vanaf nu ;)

Liefs Elke

Myrthe said...

Superleuk artikel! Die quote is echt leuk, daar moest ik wel even om lachen, haha. :P

Brunette Blogging said...

Leuk, had ook graag langsgeweest op de boekenbeurs maar ben er niet geraakt! Tiany's boek staat alleszins op mijn wishlist :)

Kayla said...

Leuke boeken heb je gekocht!

Nathalie said...

Zo leuk, dat Gossip Girl book! Echt mooi. :)

Fleur said...

Tiany's boek ziet er wel leuk uit, maar ik heb nog nooit van der gehoord, haha ;)

Charlotte said...

Wat leuk zeg!
Mooie foto's
x

Marijke said...

Leuke boeken heb je gekocht!!

Deb said...

Wat leuk dat je er geweest bent. Nijntje is zoooo cute! Paul Jambers is ook geweldig, leuk dat je hem ook hebt gezien.

Petra said...

Leuke foto's, zag er een leuke dag uit!!
Ik wil Tiany's boek ook heel graag, wat goed dat je een gesigneerde versie hebt :)

Anonymous said...

Great! thanks for the share!

Post a Comment

Followers

Free counters!

Visitors

http://liesewiesje.blogspot.com. Powered by Blogger.